Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I'm here

and in grading hell, but there it is. I have yet to read a paper about Christina Aguilera, so that's good.

I shall have to give more specifics of my trip and how I sat next to a Bachelor on the plane (which was nowhere near as interesting as it sounds), but I must get back to ruining my students' lives.

My paper presentation went fine. I was so utterly relieved when it was over. The way I think about it now was so eloquently stated by Bill Murray (paraphrasing Caesar) in the best movie ever, "Ghostbusters": We came, we saw, we KICKED ITS ASS!

I also got to see a good friend who just happens to be 8 months pregnant and I kept her up until all hours of the night while tempting her with glasses of wine. :) All-in-all, it was a nice interlude from normal life.

Now, I'm back to grading rubrics and assigning points for MLA usage. Woo hoo.

Oh, and watch this video about the Great Revolution of the British Cuckoos:
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=445180&cache=1

No comments: