Thursday, January 25, 2007

Success!

Basil vodka = good.

I tasted the vodka last night and debated on leaving it for another day. But, since this is my first semi-success I didn't want to push it.

It's a little jarring at first to get that savory aroma right before you take a sip (it was just on the rocks), but it has a really nice just-a-bit-more-than-a-hint of basil in there. The vodka is really smooth too, which gives it a nice back end.

I found a recipe for blood orange martinis. I think I'll be trying that with some basil-infused vodka! The basil may be really minimized by the mixers, which will indicate I should have left it another day, but we'll see.

yay!

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Basil vodka + blood oranges= happy becka (until the next morning, anyway).

Deetie said...

I was going to ask--did you have a headache (perhaps from the gin?) on Saturday morning?